Playleader’s Letter to Parents – September 2013
Welcome to the new term. We are working round the decorating chaps this week so your patience is requested. Hopefully the weather will be good so we can play outside.
There are just a few extra points to add this term:
- We are trying to make the most of the late summer weather and would like to have free flow between indoors and out. The grass is quite wet for the first hour or so, and the children will need wellies outside. We are requesting that they bring named wellies and named slippers/crocs, or easy slip on shoes so they can be as independent as possible. We do not encourage them to play inside in just socks for safety reasons.
- Please remember to look at your child’s Learning Journey which you will find on the table just inside the playroom. There are post-it notes on the parent’s table in the hallway so you can contribute to the Learning Journey. We do appreciate your input. We are asking you to fill in another “All about me” form so we have an up to date idea of the children’s interests to help us with planning.
- The form for Early Years Free Entitlement will be here to sign towards the end of September. If you are new to Playgroup, please will you e-mail Jacqui Hart our administrator on email@example.com so that your e-mail address is on the system. If you have any queries regarding bills/payments please speak to her on 01380 816152 or email as above. I’m afraid the fees have gone up by a small amount this term to £3.25 per hour. It’s still under £10 for the session.
- We have uniform for sale in a variety of colours. Please ask a member of staff at any time.
- Please let us know of any changes to addresses, phone numbers, health matters etc.
- Our AGM will be on Tues 17th September in the Function Room at The Bell starting at 8 pm. Please give serious consideration to putting yourself forward for the committee, or just come along to hear what we have been up to during the year. There are about 6 committee meetings a year which are pleasant sociable occasions, with drinks and nibbles.
Best wishes for a very happy term, Liz